We will build up data model based upon 9 data concepts which have been used in this project so far, as follow:
– Involved party: a natural person or legal entity with relevance to the insurance company’s business (the relationships con- nected to Party represent major roles that the insurance company may want to keep on record, such as being the Policy Owner, Insured Person or the Witness of an Event that is the cause of a Claim).
– Policy: constitutes the contract between a Party (Policy Owner) and the insurance company, i.e. bundles one or multiple Products and describes the possibly individualized rights and obligations of Policy Owner and insurance company
– Condition: All the rules, law and limitations regulated by government will keep on that concepts. (eg: minimum wage, charge percentage, …)
– Product: Products which offered by social insurance (eg: Health insurance, social insurance, unemployment insurance…
– Location: a geographical (e.g. GPS coordinates, postal address) or logical (e.g. email address) place with relevance to the insurance company’s business (the relationships connected to Location represent major roles that the insurance may want to keep on record, such as being the postal address of a Policy Owner, Insured Person or the email address of a Witness of an Event) …
– Classification: This is group or method to classify data to various group to serve for analysis requirements.
– Event: Event that trigger the insurance: Retire, employee’s injury…
– Resource item: health insurance card, social insurance booklet, hospital documents….
When we design data model based on all above concepts, we ensure that the model will be independent with the other compo- nents in system, especially with the source database.
Involved party Data concepts represents all participants that have contract/deal with social insurance (for example the insurance events): For example, individual who buy/join voluntary social insurance, the company which use employees (note that employer will pay out 18 % of basic salary for premium social insurance for each employees) …
Individual: Employees who work under labor contract with definite term and contract of three months and more, government office and civils servants….
– Date of Birth – Resident
– Employer – …..
Organization: Employer which may be Government and administrative offices, foreign organizations….
– Company code
– Type of business
– Head office
– Number of employee – Representative
The Product (PD) data concept describes products and services that the social insurance system can offer to the participants: Compulsory social insurance, voluntary social insurance, health insurance, household health insurance, unemployment insurance.
The product data concept has closely associated with some below concepts:
Involved party concept: for example, we have a person (involved party) who buy health care insurance (Product)
Constitutes the contract between a Party (Policy Owner) and the insurance company, i.e. bundles one or multiple Products and describes the possibly individualized rights and obligations of Policy Owner and insurance company.
There are some policy types as below:
Unemployment Policy • …..
The Policy data concept has closely associated with some below concepts:
The Classification data concept organized and managed the structure of all participants based on some criteria • Based on the income of each individual participant: Income between 1500$ and 2000$ per month….
Based on the company size.
Based on the age of each participants.
The Classification Data concept will be difficult to simulate into a real entity, but it will be the base to organized and build up another entity.
The Condition Data concepts describes a concrete condition, it help to classify and organizes the production, for example as below:
The condition about the type of labor contract of an employee that can be join social insurance: The Vietnamese employees working under labor contract or employment contract with in definitive term or labor contract with definitive term of 12-36 months.
The condition about the accrued sum of years an employees need to participated to get the pension is more than 25 years
The Event Data concept describes a happening with an organization, in this case it is social Insurance => The data model of a DWH system need to store information about this event. Some Event maybe issued in Social insurance industry as below
The employee requests an application form to start join social insurance, health insurance
The employer makes a request to notify the increase or decrease of number of employee of company
The employer has to return the social insurance booklet to the employee when his/her contract is terminated
There is some significant type of events:
– Communication: Records an exchange information with all involved party, for example Receive a customer’s request for a claim of insurance
– Transaction: Actual transaction for example event of pays premium of employees
– Insurance claim
A geographical (e.g. GPS coordinates, postal address) or logical (e.g. email address) place with relevance to the insurance compa- ny’s business (the relationships connected to Location represent major roles that the insurance may want to keep on record, such as being the postal address of a Policy Owner, Insured Person or the email address of a Witness of an Event).
The address of each individual person who buy insurance, address of the company which use the employee, the address of Social Insurance.
Some significant location entities as below: • Geographic Area
Geographic Area profile
The resource item Data concept describes and includes all the values item related to the insurance industry: health insurance card, social insurance booklet….
There are some significant resource item type as below: